Friday, August 06, 2010

Comic Review...

Transformers: Ironhide #4 (of 4)

Writer: Mike Costa
Artist: Casey Coller

(covers by Casey Coller and Marcele Matere)

Summary: Filled with destiny, purpose, and seven million years of Decepticon-whuppin' to catch up on, Ironhide goes out to meet the Swarm in an epic final confrontation. Casey Coller and Mike Costa deliver what is far and away the most action-packed issue of their careers, and the fate of Cybertron is changed forever.


Comments: And so Ironhide concludes. I enjoyed the characterization throughout the story but the ending left me with a "that's it?" feeling. I mean, now what? Will we ever find out what happens? Alphatrion is total jerk in this story and while it differs from the cartoon depiction I like that he's given a personality here instead of generic sage like before. Unlike Bumblebee, which was a total waste of time as series go, this story had some value but I do question if it needed to be told in a mini when it easily could've been a sub-plot in the main comic. But I guess IDW can't make more money off me that way... A decent enough series, but not a great one.

Verdict: Recommended.
The series as a whole: Recommended.

(cover "B" by Casey Coller)

No comments: