Sunday, December 23, 2007

Review: KO Mirage

(There are several versions of Mirage on the internet right now. One is the classic blue color scheme; one is Diaclone red; one is clear and one is clear black).


Mirage

Price: $70 Usd (purchased from www.agesthreeandup.com. The price varies depending on color scheme and where you purchase it from. Prices go anywhere from $50 - $75).



The Good:

- Sturdy mold for a KO.

- All parts included (rifle, missile launcher, three missiles, sticker sheet and instructions).

- Box came in pristine shape.

The Bad:

- Toy was loose from cardboard backing inside box. (I'm starting to think this is due to cheap glue on the card).


(The above review was of the red Mirage toy KO. I also have a blue one but haven't opened it. The Blue one is on it's card inside the box fine but the outside box isn't in as good shape--like some idiot folded the top over or something).

Conclusions:

- Seems like a decent KO toy to me. I would recommend it if you don't have an original or want something newer to display (remember it's a knock-off though--they're only so good quality, no matter how good they may be).
- Btw... apparently, the original red Mirage (from the Goodbye Convoy set) had yellow eyes while the reissue has blue ones. This does not bother me at all, though since I just wanted a Mirage toy.
- Be careful who you buy these from. Reputable dealers like Agesthreeandup.com or digital-toys.com are okay but some of the ebay dealers don't care about the condition of the box--0ne guy explicitly stated in his auction that he would fold the top flap over for shipping (like with my blue one--although that dealer did *not* put that in the description or send it that way. But the box flap had previously been bent before he sold it to me. I can see the stress marks on it).
- Even though red was reviewed, I presume it's safe to apply this to the blue one as well. I can't see there being much of a difference between the various versions.



(Picture credit: Pictures taken from the agesthreeandup.com website).

2 comments:

UberNerdyBoy said...

Excellent reviews !

UberNerdyBoy said...

Excellent reviews !