Friday, December 28, 2012

Comic Review...

Cover "B" by Nick Roche
Transformers: More Then Meets The Eye #12

Writer: James Roberts
Artist: Alex Milne and Brendan Cahill (pencils), Alex Milne, Atilio Rojo and Brian Shearer (inks)
(covers by Alex Milne and Nick Roche)



Summary:  AUTOBOTS VERSUS DECEPTICONS! The crew of the Lost Light confronts a band of rogue DECEPTICONS-with terrible consequences. As an AUTOBOT slips closer to death, a single decision sets in motion a chain of events that might just spell the end for RODIMUS and his band of travelers. 

Comments:  The gist of this comic is that it's set before and after a major battle between the Lost Light's crew and some Decepticons they encounter on a world (who they believe captured the Circle of Light). Appropriately, it's called "Before and After". 
   I found this issue dry and uninteresting. Several characters are seriously injured and we get some yap about "Innermost Energon", Spark compatibility between Spark types (say what?), and blah, blah, blah. I just don't care for the writing style of this series...it's not exciting or even interesting to me. It never has been, really. I want to feel like the comic I'm reading is going somewhere and this one always feels like it's meandering all over the place. This issue, for example, is about a battle but gets so bogged down with jumping back and forth explaining who's injured and, eventually, getting to a plot point about how some were injured. Mostly, I don't really care about any of it--in fact, I had trouble even remembering the plot to this issue before I sat down to review it.

Verdict:  Pass. I will likely be dropping this title. After a year of reading it I don't feel it's going anywhere anyway and I'm not prepared to devote any more time to pursuing it and hoping it will adhere more to what I want in a TF comic. 

No comments: