Sunday, March 18, 2012

Comic Review...

Transformers: More Then Meets The Eye #3

Writer: James Roberts
Artist: Alex Milne
(covers by Alex Milne, Nick Roche)

Cover "B" by Nick Roche
Summary:  DISASTER IN SPACE! What's the very worst thing you could find on board a four million year old spaceship? Clue: it's ancient, it's deadly, and it shouldn't exist-but it's killing the Transformers anyway! It's AUTOBOTS versus boogieman in a Transformers story unlike any you've seen before, as the exciting new direction rolls out!

Comments:  Rodimus and crew face off against a Spark devouring parasite that seems to be inhabiting a dead TF's corpse (at least, that was the impression I got from the art and the dialogue). This issue was okay, I guess. There really wasn't much suspense in it (so much of the story is the characters planning to go after the beast and/or hiding out that we don't get a lot of the sense of danger we should). Because of the lack of any real tension I found it hard to really sustain my interest in it and I doubt I'll be looking back fondly on this one in the future (more likely, I'll forget all about it).

Verdict:  Average.

No comments: