Sunday, July 11, 2010

Comic Review...

(Starting with this review I am going to attempt to keep from explaining the entire plot of the issue. I will give a short description instead... this is an attempt to keep from spoiling a certain comic if someone reading this should want to track it down later and read it).



Transformers: Ironhide #3 (of 4)
"Chapter Three: Ironing Out the Details"

Writer: Mike Costa
Artist: Casy Coller

(covers by Casey Coller and Marcelo Matere)


Summary: He's been stranded on a deserted Cybertron, but IRONHIDE is about to meet the only two other functioning AUTOBOTS on the planet. One is an old friend in dire need of help, and the other is a legendary character making his IDW debut. Mike Costa and Casey Coller reveal why exactly IRONHIDE-and his death-were so important to the future of Cybertron.


Comments: A pretty good issue overall. The art is excellent and the story is able to move forward (unlike the main title's snail's pace). Sunstreaker returns this issue too--which is odd since I had thought he'd been totally destroyed (I'm going off memory here. Perhaps I'm wrong). I presume Ironhide's mission in this issue is Metroplex's mysterious purpose from his Spotlight? Or perhaps not... I guess time will tell.


Recommended.















(Cover "A" by Marcelo Matere).

No comments: